One visit to our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast is all it will take for you to see firsthand why the White Mountains are rated as one of the best places to visit in New Hampshire. Not only are there are so many incredible things to do in the White Mountains throughout the year, but it offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the state.
Among the top-rated things to do in the White Mountains are two of New Hampshire’s top attractions: Franconia Notch State Park and the Flume Gorge. Add to this a vast network of hiking trails, some of New England’s most impressive waterfalls, the top New Hampshire ski resorts, and plenty of small, charming towns to explore, and it’s easy to see why countless couples and families have made the White Mountains their go-to destination.
While you’re up here enjoying all the best things to do in the White Mountains throughout 2023, don’t miss the opportunity to relax and unwind at the best New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, Sugar Hill Inn. We’re located minutes from Franconia Notch State Park and some of the other top things to do in the White Mountains, and with an on-site restaurant, luxurious guest rooms and vacation cottages, and excellent hospitality, offer a truly incomparable place to stay. Book your room with us today!
8 Things to do in the White Mountains in 2023
Visit the White Mountains in spring, summer, fall, or winter, and you’ll find more than enough to keep you occupied. It’s a top-rated skiing and hiking destination, and there are plenty more things to do in the White Mountains throughout the seasons. Take in unforgettable views of fall foliage, hike to waterfalls, mountain bike down new trails, snowshoe through a winter wonderland, and get ready for one epic adventure after the next.
The White Mountains truly are a destination like no other. With so many great things to do in the White Mountains, you’ll never find yourself without options. Add to the experience a stay at our luxurious New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, and you may find yourself never wanting to leave. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in the White Mountains throughout the year to inspire you to plan multiple getaways to our famed New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast.
- Don’t miss the chance to hike, bike, and otherwise explore Franconia Notch State Park, where you’ll find some of the best things to do in the White Mountains. Two of the top attractions here are the Flume Gorge and the Artists Bluff Trail.
- Aside from the Artists Bluff Trail, there are plenty more great Hikes to take in the area, given hiking is one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains. Here are some of our top recommendations for the best hikes in the White Mountains, though we’d love to offer suggestions and tips during your stay, too.
- Ride the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway to ski Cannon Mountain in the winter, or in the summer to enjoy breathtaking views from the top.
- Take popular scenic drives in the fall, including The White Mountain Trail, the popular Kancamagus Scenic Byway, and Mount Washington Auto Road.
- If you’ve already driven up the Auto Road and don’t feel up to hiking Mount Washington, head to the top of this famed peak aboard the Cog Railway.
- Chasing waterfalls is one of the most popular and rewarding things to do in the White Mountains! One of the most popular waterfall hikes in the White Mountains is the Falling Waters Trail, which will bring you to Walker Cascade, 20’ Stairs Falls, 60’ Swiftwater Falls, and 80’ Cloudland Falls.
- Late spring and early summer is a great time to see wildflowers, especially the stunning fields of Lupine that bloom at this time of year. You also don’t want to miss the annual Lupine Festival.
- One of the increasingly popular things to do in the White Mountains is mountain biking. There are plenty of rugged mountain trails, along with flat and family-friendly trails, worth exploring in the area. Here are a few of our favorite spots to enjoy mountain biking in New Hampshire.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire
We’ve just barely scratched the surface of great things to do in the White Mountains – but trust us when we tell you you’re going to need several days to experience many of these highlights. Truthfully, you’ll need more than one getaway – but that’s where our luxury New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast comes in!
Guests that stay at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast can choose to stay in one of our eight guest rooms or our five vacation cottages. Regardless of where you stay, join us each morning for a delicious and fresh multi-course breakfast in the morning. Once you’ve returned back to your room in the afternoon, there’s no need to leave again to find dinner, as one of the best restaurants in the White Mountains is right here on-site.
A stay at the Sugar Hill Inn truly is special. In fact, we’d rate it as the #1 out of all the things to do in the White Mountains. Make your reservation at this incredible New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!