There’s still plenty of time left for us to enjoy gorgeous days on the slopes of the top New Hampshire Ski Resorts, but it’s also undeniable that spring is on the horizon – and shortly thereafter, summer! As the snows begin to melt, it’s a spectacular time to get out and visit some of the best waterfalls in NH, many of which are located right here in the White Mountains. Visiting these gorgeous waterfalls in NH is the perfect excuse to get outside for a little adventure and to get a taste of what’s to come in the White Mountains later this year.
Beyond chasing waterfalls in NH this spring, you’ll find plenty of exciting things to do in the White Mountains. From active adventures like mountain biking and hiking to more laid-back afternoons taking scenic drives, visiting New Hampshire’s covered bridges, and more, you won’t have a moment of boredom during your New Hampshire getaway. That is especially true when you stay with us at our top-rated New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains.
Our #1-rated New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains offers a broad range of luxury guest rooms and vacation cottages, exceptional hospitality, and one of the best restaurants in the area. You’ll want to plan in enough time to enjoy all that we offer while simultaneously experiencing the beautiful White Mountains to their fullest. Book a room, and see what sets us apart from our competition today!
The 8 Best Waterfalls in NH to See in 2023
New Hampshire is pretty well known for its waterfalls and covered bridges – and some of the best waterfalls in NH can be found right here in the White Mountains. The best time to see them is as the snowpack begins to melt this spring. The waterfalls in NH are beautiful in summer too, but certainly more impressive in spring and later fall.
One of the best things about these waterfalls in NH is just how easy they are to access. Some are located just off major roads, and others require a short walk or hike to get to. Many of them are even found within easy reach of our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, as they are located in the magnificent Franconia Notch State Park, home to many great hikes, bike trails, waterfalls, and more. Below, we’ve listed eight of our favorite nearby waterfalls in NH, but these are just the beginning of your adventure in the White Mountains!
- Waterfall lovers won’t want to miss a trip to Franconia Notch State Park, where you’ll find some of the best (and closest!) waterfalls in NH. The Falling Waters Trail is a popular hike in the White Mountains, but it also features a number of fantastic waterfalls, including Cloudland Falls, which drops 80 feet in a horsetail fan. Another great trail here takes you through the Flume Gorge to Avalanche Falls.
- One of the biggest and most impressive waterfalls in NH is Arethusa Falls, which cascades down a 200-foot tall wall. It’s the tallest waterfall in New Hampshire and is reached by a 1.5-mile hike.
- Glen Ellis Falls is another “must-do” when it comes to gorgeous waterfalls in NH. The water cascades into the gorge at a unique angle before dropping 64 feet into a stunning deep green pool below.
- If you want to snap a few gorgeous photos, don’t miss Bridal Veil Falls. Aside from Arethusa Falls, it’s one of the most photographed waterfalls in NH as it plunges 35 feet into a small pool below.
- Maximize your time and see several gorgeous waterfalls in NH all on one hike on the trail to Upper Ammonoosuc Falls. Not only is it beautiful, but several others are in the area.
- The Nancy Cascades are beautiful and a perfect option if you want to avoid crowds. To reach the lower falls, you’ll need to hike 2.5 miles. Take a break when you reach the lower falls, but keep going a little further, and you’ll be rewarded with the upper falls, too.
- Franconia Falls is easy to get to, located at the end of one of the flattest long-distance trails in the White Mountains. There are no big drops here but plenty of rock slabs and pools that paint a beautiful setting.
- Finally, make sure to visit Sabbaday Falls, which can be found just off the famed Kancamangus Highway. This is one of the most accessible waterfalls in NH, as the trail leading to this 45-foot waterfall is accessible.
Unwind at the Best New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
These gorgeous waterfalls in NH are just the beginning of the many great things waiting for you in the White Mountains this year – and your headquarters for all of it is our luxury New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains. Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast features eight uniquely appointed and luxurious guest rooms, along with a selection of larger and more private vacation cottages.
Our guest rooms offer a cozy, relaxing, and beautiful home away from home during your time in the White Mountains. Whether you’re here for a romantic escape with your sweetheart or looking for big adventures in the mountains, you’ll find a wonderful selection of amenities in our guest rooms. Each morning of your stay also includes a delicious breakfast, which is the perfect fuel for whatever that day has in store.
Beyond the more standard amenities featured at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, you’ll also find that we house one of the best restaurants in the White Mountains. In fact, it might just be one of the best parts about staying here because once you’ve returned to our Inn for the day, you no longer have to worry about heading back out and finding a place to eat. You will want to make reservations in advance, though, as our restaurant is well-regarded and open to the public.
Having the chance to see these amazing waterfalls in NH is just the beginning of what’s waiting for you at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains. Book your room today!