Finally, Spring is here again! It’s been a long year, but it feels like we can start to get back to planning our next New Hampshire getaway with less worry. If you’re looking for what to do in the White Mountains this spring, we’ve got you covered. This area is a nature lover’s dream escape in any season, but spring brings this landscape back to life with new budding leaves, wildflower blooms and forests full of birdsong.
The Sugar Hill Inn, our amazing New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, is nestled in the small town of Sugar Hill at the foot of the White Mountains. When you stay at our luxurious Inn you’ll find the location can’t be beat when you’re looking for what to do in the White Mountains, from hiking and outdoor recreation to shopping and dining, you’ll find it all nearby.
A stay at our Inn includes 5-star lodging, dining and hospitality. Our deluxe guest suites and cottages are outfitted with modern amenities, plush comfortable beds, private baths and gorgeous views. When planning on what to do in the White Mountains this Spring, start by making sure your lodging is top notch. Book a room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast and let the adventure begin.
What to do in the White Mountains During this Springtime
When planning on what to do in the White Mountains when you stay with us at the Sugar Hill Inn, we love to help you set up your itinerary. Whether it’s outdoor adventures, hiking and biking or sharing a meal with friends and shopping, this area is choke full of activities to satisfy any traveller.
Here are 9 things to do in the White Mountains this Spring:
- Plan a Picnic: Packing up a picnic basket with sandwiches and snacks, perhaps a bottle of wine, and a cozy blanket is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon in the White Mountains. You’ll find a few designated areas right near our Inn, like Beaver Brook Wayside Rest Area and Zealand Picnic Area at Twin Mountain. Or just explore and find the right place with the best view for you.
- Take a Hike: There are trails for days near our Sugar Hill Bed and Breakfast. Hiking is one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains. You’ll find routes for any skill level, whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or an all out mountainous excursion. Either way, you’ll find trail maps and advice from us before planning your hiking adventure on the nearby routes in the White Mountains.
- Hidden Waterfalls: Many hikes and trails in the White Mountains are checkered with amazing waterfalls. You’ll find a quick easy hike in to see Ammonoosuc Falls. The lower area below the falls is a popular swimming hole. For more waterfall recommendations, we have a list here.
- A Day on the Water: Just about 10 minutes down the way at Streeter Pond you’ll find a lovely spot for canoeing, kayaking and fishing. It’s the perfect little spot to enjoy floating on the calm waters, take in some birdwatching and relax. It’s the epitome of what to do in the White Mountains!
- Explore by Bicycle: The Franconia Notch State Park is a quick drive from the Sugar Hill Inn and you’ll find a 9-mile bike path that’s considered fairly easy for the average rider. For those who need to rent gear, check out Sport Thoma Bike Rentals Shop at the Cannon Mountain Tramway.
- Good Eats: When you’re looking for what to do in the White Mountains, eating amazing meals should be high on the list. Start your day with our fresh breakfast spread with home baked goods, fruit and entrees. Check out any of these 10 amazing lunch cafes and restaurants and then head back to the Sugar Hill Inn for an award-winning culinary 4-coursed feast for dinner.
- Visit Historical Sites: This area of New England has a rich history, find out more at the Sugar Hill Historical Museum or Heritage New Hampshire. Also, climb aboard the historical Cog Railway to take in the sights and heights of Mount Washington. Add this to your list for what to do in the White Mountains for sure!
- Hunt for Antiques: Many small towns like Sugar Hill dot the White Mountains and each has unique shops and local stores. The town of Littleton is a great spot for antiques, architecture and art. Definitely don’t miss our local country shop, Harmon’s Cheese. This is great spot to fill up your picnic basket.
- Relaxing at our Spa: One of the best things to do in the White Mountains is inside at our Sugar Hill Spa. Vacations are about rejuvenation right? Make sure to book a hot stone or deep tissue massage when you stay with us. Plan on a day lounging around your guest suite, walking our grounds, having a spa treatment and taking dinner in your room. Sometimes doing very little is the best way to gain so much.
These ideas are just a handful of what this area has to offer. Thankfully, if you need help deciding what to do in the White Mountains the staff at the Sugar Hill Inn are happy to help.
Come Enjoy Our Luxury Lodging in the White Mountains
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, the Sugar Hill Inn, is the best place for lodging in the White Mountains. For any type of getaway, be it a romantic one, work-related, or family-focused, we aim to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. Our Inn has been serving to do this for more than 100 years—one of our favorite tidbits of history is when Actress Bette Davis stayed at the Inn while her home was being built.
Our guest suites and cottages will be one of the best parts of your vacation to the White Mountains. If you’re planning a relaxing retreat, the Richardson Deluxe Suite is the prime choice with king size bed, double whirlpool bath, private deck and mountain views. We can’t wait to be your hosts! When you’re looking for what to do in the White Mountains, start by booking your room at the Sugar Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast.