While “Walking in a Winter Wonderland” plays on the radio in houses across the country, we have the opportunity to step outside each morning and walk through a true winter wonderland. It probably comes as no surprise, but there are plenty of things to do in the White Mountains in winter. From downhill skiing to curling up by the fire, winter in the White Mountains is exceptional, and we’d love nothing more than to share it with you at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast.
Though it’s hard to beat a cozy fireside chat or curling up with your favorite book in the comfort of our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the winter – there are far more things to do in the White Mountains in the winter. Of course, it’s home to some of the best New Hampshire ski resorts, but it’s also an exceptionally beautiful place to explore when you’re seeking quiet solitude deep in the mountain forests. Strap on a pair of snowshoes and enjoy a vast array of winter hiking trails, or fly through the trees aboard a snowmobile.
Apart from being close to all the top-rated things to do in the White Mountains this winter – including skiing at Cannon Mountain Ski Resort and winter fun at Franconia Notch State Park – it goes without saying that downtime at our remote, high-end New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is worth the trip alone. Find a cozy place to curl up, enjoy a drink or two in our tavern, and end your day with a fantastic meal at our onsite restaurant. It’s the perfect New Hampshire getaway, whatever your plans may be in this stunning winter wonderland. Book your room at our top-rated New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
Things to do in the White Mountains
Part of us is always sad to say goodbye to the dramatic, colorful fall that the White Mountains are famous for – but it’s hard to be sad for long because stretching out before us is another favorite season in this beautiful part of the state! Winter is spectacular in the White Mountains, and we’re thrilled to enjoy a front-row seat to many of the best things to do in the White Mountains in winter.
From the beautiful mountain views surrounding us to an adventure-laden season of exploration, there are plenty of reasons to plan a winter retreat to our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. Pack a few extra layers to maximize your time outside, and get ready to enjoy all the best things to do in the White Mountains with us this winter! We’ve listed a few of our favorite adventures and activities below – but we haven’t even scratched the surface of all that’s waiting for you this winter in the beautiful White Mountains.
- No matter the season, hiking is one of the top things to do in the White Mountains. Though you can’t enjoy all the same White Mountains hiking opportunities as in the summer, there’s plenty of excellent winter hiking available to you in the white mountains – just strap on a pair of snowshoes and start exploring!
- Just as there are plenty of great trails for snowshoeing, there are plenty of fantastic areas for cross-country skiing! Head to Ski Hearth Farm, Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center, Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center, or Bretton Woods Nordic Center, and enjoy a beautiful day on the trails.
- We’ve alluded to it already, but one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains is go skiing – and there are plenty of nearby ski resorts to try! Of the many nearby New Hampshire ski resorts, we recommend guests try Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, and Loon Mountain.
- There are more than enough New Hampshire snowmobiling trails to explore in the White Mountains this winter. You can head out on your own adventure if you have your snowmobile with you, or you can find rentals and guided tours near Bretton Woods with Northern Extreme Snowmobiling.
- Want to enjoy one of the more unique things to do in the White Mountains this winter? Go dog sledding! It’s an adventure you won’t soon forget.
- If you want to take in the dramatic mountain beauty of the White Mountains in the winter, then one of the best things to do is hitch a ride on the snowcoach, which travels up the Mount Washington Auto Road.
- Enjoy one of the most romantic things to do in the White Mountains in winter and take a sleigh ride through our winter wonderland at the Mount Washington Hotel.
- Finally, have some old-fashioned winter fun in the White Mountains at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
Unwind at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
With so many great things to do in the White Mountains this winter, you will need to stay for at least a few days. There is no better place to stay in the White Mountains than our top-rated, romantic New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. We’re conveniently located near many of the top attractions, including Franconia Notch State Park and Cannon Mountain – both of which are just a few minutes down the road.
More than offering guests easy access to many of the top things to do in the White Mountains this winter, we offer a cozy respite away from the harried pace of the season. You’re not too far away – but you’ll feel like you’re an entire world apart. Above all else, our romantic New Hampshire Bed and Breakfasts offers guests a cozy place to curl up and unplug.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast features eight charming guest rooms in the main house and five private vacation cottages on our grounds. No matter which room or cottage you choose, you’ll enjoy cozy, comfortable accommodations with a range of high-end amenities. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a delicious breakfast. When your adventure in the White Mountains is over, head back to our Inn and enjoy a warming drink in our tavern, followed by a delicious meal in our onsite restaurant.
One of the many perks of staying with us is knowing you won’t have to worry about where to go for dinner – we offer everything you need for your winter getaway in the White Mountains! Add to that unbeatable hospitality, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t come sooner. Get ready to enjoy all the best things to do in the White Mountains this winter. Book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!