If you’re looking to position your vacation to enjoy some of the best hiking trails in the White Mountains, there’s no better place to stay than our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire. We’re not only located minutes from beautiful Franconia Notch State Park, which is filled with great hiking trails, but we’re a short drive away from many of the other top-rated hiking trails in the White Mountains, including the formidable Mount Washington.
The White Mountains are not only an unbelievably scenic and great place to whisk your sweetheart away for a romantic getaway, but they are also one of the best destinations for hiking and outdoor recreation in New Hampshire. Whether you’re here to walk through the steep canyon walls of the Flume Gorge or ride to the top of Mount Washington on the impressive Cog Railway, you won’t run out of things to do in the White Mountains. Hitting these hiking trails in the White Mountains really is just the start of great adventures here – and that’s why you’ll need to book plenty of time to enjoy it all.
There’s no better place to stay while you’re in the area than our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire. We’re minutes from Franconia Notch State Park, Mount Washington, and many of the other top attractions in the area. Though we’re conveniently located, we also offer a secluded and intimate getaway with gorgeous guest rooms, spacious vacation cottages, and an on-site restaurant. We provide a one-stop destination for lodging in the White Mountains. Book your room at our stunning Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire today!
Best Hiking Trails in the White Mountains
When it comes to finding the best hiking trails in the White Mountains, the world (or at least these mountains) is your oyster. There are so many fantastic trails to choose from, from flat and easy trails to some of the most challenging hikes in the nation.
One of our favorite places for hiking in New Hampshire, which also happens to be less than 15 minutes from our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast, is Franconia Notch State Park. There are more than 34 hiking trails to explore in Franconia Notch State Park – but that truly is just the beginning of the best hiking trails in the White Mountains.
7 Franconia Notch State Park Hiking Trails
Within 15 minutes of leaving our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire, you can be out of your car and hiking at Franconia Notch State Park. One of the best-known trails here is through the scenic Flume Gorge, a relatively easy 2.2-mile trip. As you navigate this trail, you’ll encounter steep fern-covered granite walls that rise to 70-90 feet and are only 12-20 feet wide.
However, the Flume Gorge is just the start of treating Franconia Notch State Park hiking trails. We’ve included a few of our favorites below!
- The Artist Bluff Trail in Franconia Notch State Park is one of the most sought-after hiking trails in the White Mountains. It’s easy to see why, as it offers beautiful views of Echo Lake and the surrounding landscapes of the notch itself. This hike is gorgeous any time of year, but it’s simply sensational under the fiery glow of New Hampshire’s fall colors.
- For more gorgeous views of the park, take the 3.1-mile Lonesome Lake Trail.
- The Franconia ridge loop trail is one of the most beautiful hiking trails in the White Mountains. This eight-mile trail traverses three mountain ranges and offers some of the most impressive views in the area. You’ll even encounter a waterfall along the way!
- If you want to take in the views from the top of the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway but are looking for a more adventurous way to get there, hike the Hi-Cannon Trail.
- For a quick and easy hike in Franconia Notch State Park, head to the Basin Cascade Trail. This is one of the shortest hiking trails in the White Mountains, but you’ll encounter a charming waterfall cascading into a 20-foot granite pothole that you’ll find well worth your time!
- The Mount Pemigewasset Trail is a moderate hike, but it offers some of the same breathtaking views as other hikes in the park and is only four miles long.
Other Hiking Trails in the White Mountains
Once you’re ready to explore more hiking trails in the White Mountains beyond Franconia Notch State Park, you’ll find no shortage of great options! We’ve included six more of the best hiking trails in the White Mountains for you to explore. From chasing waterfalls to summitting impressive mountain peaks, there’s nothing but adventure waiting for you in the White Mountains this year!
- One of the most popular hiking trails in the White Mountains is the Presidential Traverse. It’s not for the faint of heart, though, as it’s also one of the more challenging hikes in the area, next to summiting Mount Washington, of course. The 18.9-mile hike is rocky and windy, so leave early and be well-prepared for various conditions if you plan to attempt this stunning hike.
- There are plenty of incredible waterfalls in NH worth checking out. One of our favorites here in the White Mountains is Arethusa Falls, which cascades an impressive 160 feet.
- If you simply want to enjoy a quick day hike and gorgeous mountain views, great hiking trails in the White Mountains to consider are Middle and North Sugarloaf. This trek starts with a 2.6-mile hike that leads to middle Sugarloaf and extending your hike just a few more miles takes you to North Sugarloaf, where you’ll enjoy even more panoramic views.
- If summiting Mount Washington is on your bucket list this year, the Tuckerman Ravine to Mount Washington is the most popular route to get there. It’s a challenging hike, at just over 8 miles, but the views from the top are stunning.
- Another of our favorite hiking trails in the White Mountains is the Baldface Mountain Loop. The trail is challenging and includes the opportunity to summit two separate peaks, but you’ll see gorgeous views of the distant Mount Washington, making it very worth the sweat and fatigue.
- Mount Chocorua is another one of the more popular hiking trails in the White Mountains. The peak is striking, but at the top, you’ll enjoy a stunning 360-degree view.
Stay at the Best Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire
Whether you’re here to test your legs on some of the more challenging hiking trails in the White Mountains or just want to enjoy a leisurely but pretty day in the mountains, you’ll need someplace comfortable to rest your feet in the afternoon. There’s no more relaxing lodging in the White Mountains than our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire. At Sugar Hill Inn, you’ll find eight uniquely appointed and luxurious guest rooms and a selection of larger and more private vacation cottages.
Aside from finding cozy, relaxing, and beautiful lodging at our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire, it’s also a wonderful place to carve out some uninterrupted time with your sweetheart. Each guest room features a wonderful selection of amenities, and every stay includes a complimentary breakfast, the perfect way to fuel up for hiking and other adventures.
Aside from these standard amenities at our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire, we also offer one of the best restaurants in the White Mountains. Once you’ve returned to our Inn for the day, you won’t have to travel far to enjoy a great meal – it’s just one more perk of staying with us at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire! Book your room today!