Though there’s still plenty of the 2022 ski season left here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, we’re slowly starting to turn our attention away from winter and towards spring, summer, and fall. The White Mountains are home to some of the best waterfalls in New Hampshire, which offers us a great excuse to get outside and explore this spring.
Visiting some of the best waterfalls in New Hampshire isn’t the only reason to visit us, though! There are more than enough things to do in the White Mountains to keep you busy, including mountain biking, hiking, exploring quaint country towns, photographing New Hampshire’s famed covered bridges, and overall reveling in the majestic beauty this area is known for. The White Mountains are also a picture-perfect place to escape for a quiet, relaxing break away from your daily stressors.
Take your getaway to the next level and book a room at the #1-rated Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains, the Sugar Hill Inn. Here, you’ll find a broad range of luxury guest rooms and vacation cottages, exceptional hospitality, and one of the best restaurants in the area. You’ll want to plan in enough time to enjoy all that we offer while at the same time experiencing the beautiful White Mountains to their fullest. Book a room, and see why we’re one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire today!
See These Amazing Waterfalls in New Hampshire
Seeing waterfalls in New Hampshire is impressive at any time of year, but as things heat up outside and the snowpack begins to melt, these waterfalls are often at their most powerful. A whole new opportunity to visit these waterfalls in New Hampshire unfolds in the fall, as many of them are surrounded by vibrant foliage.
New Hampshire is well known for its waterfalls, too, with some of the most beautiful falls in the country being found right here in the White Mountains. Many of them are easily accessible, too, making this a fun adventure for the whole family.
Some of the best waterfalls in New Hampshire, such as Avalanche Falls in Franconia Notch State Park, are easily found, while others require a bit of effort and are considered a bit more “off the beaten path.” Even so, the chance to see these impressive and powerful forces of nature is more than worth the effort. We’ve listed ten of our favorite nearby waterfalls in New Hampshire, but there are countless more.
- One of the closest waterfalls in New Hampshire is on the Falling Waters Trail in Franconia Notch State Park. It’s a popular trail to use to summit Haystack Mountain, but most importantly, there are several waterfalls along the way. The best of them is Cloudland Falls at the trail’s end, which drops 80-foot in a horsetail fan.
- One of the most popular and beautiful waterfalls in New Hampshire is Glen Ellis Falls. The water cascades into the gorge at a unique angle before dropping 64 feet into a stunning deep green pool below.
- Arethusa Falls is another of the famous and popular waterfalls in New Hampshire. This impressive waterfall cascades down a 200-foot tall wall and is the tallest in New Hampshire. You’ll need to hike 1.5 miles to get there, but it’s more than worth it.
- Bridal Veil Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls to photograph in the White Mountains. The falls themselves plunge35-feet into a small pool below, and below that is a large waterslide over flat, polished granite.
- If you’re looking to maximize the number of waterfalls you see in a short amount of time, head to Upper Ammonoosuc Falls. Not only is it beautiful, but there are several others in the area. None are particularly large, but they are still just a beautiful place to snap a few photos.
- The Nancy Cascades are a magnificent sight to behold and a great option if you want to avoid crowds. To reach the lower falls, you’ll need to hike 2.5 miles. Take a break when you reach the lower falls, but keep going a little further, and you’ll be rewarded with the upper falls, too.
- Franconia Falls is easy to get to, located at the end of one of the flattest long-distance trails in the White Mountains. There are no big drops here but plenty of rock slabs and pools that paint a beautiful setting.
- Another one of the most popular waterfalls in New Hampshire is Sabbaday Falls, which can be found just off the famed Kancamangus Highway. The trail leading to the 45-foot waterfall is accessible, and it’s a relatively easy journey to the viewing area.
Best Place to Stay in New Hampshire
There’s certainly no shortage of wonderful things to do in the White Mountains. After you’ve thoroughly explored the area and chased as many of the top waterfalls in New Hampshire as your heart desires, it’s time to return to the comfortable, romantic ambiance of our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast. There’s a little bit of something for everyone here, and that’s what makes us one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast features eight uniquely appointed and luxurious guest rooms, along with a selection of larger and more private vacation cottages. Each of our guest rooms and cottages offers a broad range of amenities, including a delicious breakfast prepared fresh for you each morning.
Our restaurant is another great perk of staying at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast. After a long, exhausting day playing in the White Mountains, you won’t have to worry about where to go for dinner. The restaurant at Sugar Hill Inn is one of the best restaurants in the White Mountains. The high-level culinary experience you’ll have with us is an integral part of your stay at Sugar Hill Inn.
As a small Inn, we take special pride in going far above and beyond during your stay to bring you one of the best lodging experiences. It’s this attention to detail that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. Book your room today!