If you’re looking for big adventure and plenty of fun in 2022, there’s nowhere better to be than the White Mountains, which are rated as one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. This jaw-dropping mountain region should absolutely be on your “must-do” travel list for 2022. Make your stay even better, and stay in comfort at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast, one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Though the White Mountains are well known for their nearly limitless opportunities for outdoor adventure, there’s also a wonderful blend of culture and arts to be enjoyed here. The friendly small towns that dot the White Mountains Region, coupled with some of the most beautiful scenery in the state, will enchant you. It’s no wonder this is rated as one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is located right in the center of all, too, allowing you to enjoy the very best of this incredible place from one accessible destination. With cozy and luxurious accommodations and one of the best restaurants in the White Mountains, there’s little doubt that Sugar Hill Inn is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire in 2022. Book your room today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in New Hampshire
There’s no shortage of wonderful things to do in the state of New Hampshire. With such a broad range of attractions and things to do in the White Mountains, though, it’s easy to see why we think it’s one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. There’s a little bit of something for everyone here, whether you plan to kick up the adventure in the outdoors or explore the charming rural character nearby.
As fun as the White Mountains are, great getaways deserve exceptional accommodations. That’s precisely what you’ll find at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast, which is ranked as one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. The Sugar Hill Inn features eight uniquely appointed and spacious guest rooms, along with a selection of larger and more private vacation cottages.
With a broad range of amenities, not to mention one of the top restaurants in the White Mountains on-site, you can expect your stay to meet all your expectations without the bland accommodations found in traditional hotel chains. As a small Inn, we take special pride in going far above and beyond during your stay to bring you one of the best lodging experiences. It’s this attention to detail that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
The Best Things to do in the White Mountains in 2022
The biggest draw to the White Mountains, which makes this region one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire, is the opportunity for outdoor recreation. Visitors come here from all over the world to view these mountains’ impressive majesty and spend quiet, restorative time in nature. As you begin to plan your trip to our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast, it won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire!
Whether that’s exploring the endless hiking and biking trails, chasing waterfalls, summiting mountain peaks (in a variety of ways), leaf-peeping, or just enjoying the quiet beauty of the area, a rejuvenating vacation is waiting for you. These same landscapes become blanketed with snow and open themselves up for a whole new range of pursuits by winter.
If you’re not into the outdoors, the charming towns of the White Mountains offer plenty of great shopping, art galleries, museums, and other attractions worth exploring. With such a variety of things to do in the White Mountains, is it any wonder it’s one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire?
Below, we’ve listed a few of our favorite things to do in the White Mountains, including activities that you can do during the spring, summer, and fall, as well as those special activities that we enjoy in the winter. This opportunity for four seasons of fun makes this one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
- Go hiking! The White Mountains are one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire if you’re an enthusiastic hiker. One of our favorites is the Artists Bluff Trail in Franconia Notch State Park.
- Head to Franconia Notch State Park, home to the stunning Flume Gorge. Just a short 2-mile hike will take you through the narrow Flume Gorge, where you’ll also see covered bridges, impressive waterfalls, a scenic pool, and incredible mountain views.
- Ride the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway to enjoy beautiful views, especially in fall. Another great place is the gondola at Loon Mountain.
- Summit Mountain Washington, whether by hiking, driving the Auto Road, or riding Cog Railway.
- Go for a bike ride in Franconia Notch State Park.
- Chase waterfalls! There are plenty throughout the White Mountains to enjoy.
- Shop for Antiques. The country towns of Sugar Hill, Bethlehem, and Littleton are known for their numerous antique shops.
- Tour New Hampshire’s famed covered bridges, of which there are plenty!
- Drive one of the most popular fall foliage drives in America, the Kancamagus Highway. Another incredible scenic drive in the White Mountains is the 100-mile Pinkham Notch Loop, which offers spectacular views of the Presidential Range.
- Hiking isn’t only for spring, summer, and fall. Head out for some snowshoeing in the winter, and enjoy the White Mountains in a new light.
- Go cross-country skiing at Ski Hearth Farm, Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center, and Bretton Woods Nordic Center.
- Hit the nearby New Hampshire ski resorts for some skiing and snowboarding.
- There’s ice skating available nearby at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
- Take a romantic and old-fashioned sleigh ride at The Mount Washington Hotel.
- Hitch a ride on a dog sled this winter and try something new.
- Take a ride on the snowcoach up Mount Washington Auto Road for beautiful winter views.
- Enjoy cross country skiing, tubing, and more at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
- Take a break from the outdoors and enjoy wine tasting in the White Mountains.
- Enjoy some snowmobiling on the regional trails.
If you’re ready to experience the exciting beauty of New Hampshire’s White Mountains, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire today!