There are plenty of incredible things to do in the White Mountains, particularly during these warm months of summer. However, one of our favorite ways to enjoy the scenery of this incredible place is to ride the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway. It’s not only the only aerial tramway in New Hampshire, but it was the first in the country! From the top, you’ll enjoy impeccable views of the White Mountains.
The Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway is just 10 minutes from the Sugar Hill Inn, the #1-rated Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains. Our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast is known for its romantic ambiance, luxurious accommodations, original art, and exceptional restaurant. It’s the perfect place to relax and relish in the peaceful surroundings of the White Mountains.
Come see for yourself how it feels to embrace the ultimate in luxury, elegance, and adventure in New Hampshire. Book your room at our luxury White Mountains Bed and Breakfast.
Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway
Hop aboard the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, located within Franconia Notch State Park. The tram takes you to the top of the 4,080-foot summit of Cannon Mountain. The Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway can accommodate up to 80 guests at a time and takes just 10 minutes to reach the top. The summit of Cannon Mountain is the highest lift-accessed point in New Hampshire, which means you’ll have an incredible vantage point from which to enjoy the view.
From the summit, you can see New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, and even parts of Canada on a clear day. Once you’re at the top, there are several hiking trails to explore, a 360 observation deck, and a cafe.
More to do at Franconia Notch State Park
Riding the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway is a “must-do” part of Franconia Notch State Park, but the fun doesn’t stop there. Once you’ve come down from the top of the mountain, take your tie to explore this exceptionally beautiful mountain pass area. Here are the to things to do in Franconia Notch State Park this summer:
- Hike through the Flume Gorge, which stretches 800 narrow feet at the base of Mount Liberty. Aside from the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, the Flume Gorge is one of the most popular attractions in Franconia Notch State Park.
- Visit Echo Lake, where you can enjoy a bit of swimming, fishing, and boating. There are canoe and paddleboat rentals at the beach.
- Hike the Artists Bluff Trail, one of the most beautiful hikes in Franconia Notch State Park.
- Ride your bike on the Recreational Trail through Franconia Notch State Park.
- Another popular feature of Franconia Notch State Park is The Basin, which is a beautiful pothole at the base of a waterfall, formed by the erosion of glaciers 15,000 years ago. There are picnic tables and walking paths, as well as hiking trails.
Lodging Near Franconia Notch State Park
Whether you take the time to ride the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway or hike your way through Franconia Notch State Park, we know you’ll have plenty of fun while you’re here in the White Mountains. At the end of the day, relax and unwind with us over a delicious dinner at the Sugar Hill Inn Restaurant. It’s long been the best place to eat in the White Mountains.
After dinner, enjoy a wonderful nights’ sleep in our luxurious guest rooms or vacation cottages, both of which offer an intimate and private getaway, with plenty of high-end amenities. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a sumptuous breakfast, which is the perfect way to fuel you up for a day of adventure ahead. It won’t take long for our home away from home to become your new favorite getaway. Book now and enjoy your stay at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast.