Last month, we wrote about seeing some of the best New Hampshire fall foliage at Franconia Notch State Park. It’s truly one of our favorite places to enjoy the season, but there are so many more ways to enjoy the White Mountains in the fall. Of course, around every corner and throughout every activity, you’ll be surrounded by plenty of swoon-worthy New Hampshire fall foliage.
As beautiful as it is up here, the best part about visiting the White Mountains in the fall is the opportunity to stay at our award-winning New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. We’re just a few minutes from Franconia Notch State Park, Cannon Mountain, Mount Washington, and many of the top attractions in the White Mountains. Moreover, we offer an incomparable escape, ideal for romantic getaways, special occasions, and weekends away with your sweetheart.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is known for its romantic ambiance, luxury amenities, world-class restaurant, and extensive wine list. This fall is the perfect opportunity to discover new waterfalls and hiking trails, seek out picturesque covered bridges, and otherwise take in the incredible scenery of the White Mountains in the fall. To get started on your journey, book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today.
Enjoy the White Mountains in the Fall
We don’t think there’s anything more beautiful than the White Mountains in the fall. They have a stellar reputation for some of the best New Hampshire fall foliage, not to mention some of the best foliage in the entire New England region. We expect fall foliage to reach its colorful peak sometime in the next few weeks, but you’ll find plenty to enjoy in the White Mountains throughout October.
There are plenty of things to do in the White Mountains in the fall. From hiking and biking to exploring the charming towns in the countryside, the White Mountains in the fall are truly spectacular. You may even just want to relax and unwind in luxury at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast – who are we to argue with that? Below, you’ll find ten of our favorite things to do in the White Mountains in the fall.
- One of the best ways to take in spectacular views of the White Mountains in the fall is riding on the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway. The scenic gondola at Loon Mountain is another great choice.
- There’s nothing more beautiful than the Flume Gorge in Franconia Notch State Park, filled with covered bridges, amazing waterfalls, a scenic pool, and incredible mountain views.
- Scenic drives are another one of our favorite ways to enjoy the best of the White Mountains in the fall. Great options include the famed Kancamagus Highway and the Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- If you don’t feel like driving on steep mountain roads, get to the top of Mount Washington another way; on the Cog Railway. It’s a unique and must-do activity when visiting the White Mountains.
- Up for a bit of an adventure this fall? Try ziplining with Alpine Adventures.
- The White Mountains in the fall is also a great time to enjoy a bit of wine tasting at Seven Birches Winery at Loon Mountain.
- Walk to one (or more) of the many stunning waterfalls in the White Mountains. They are absolutely gorgeous, surrounded by the vibrant colors of fall.
- While you’re out enjoying the best of the White Mountains in the fall – especially if it involves a bit of wine tasting above, pick up some delicious local treats at Harman’s Cheese and Country Store.
- There’s nothing more beautiful than New Hampshire Covered Bridges, especially in the fall. Frame them in the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows of fall, and you have an instant Instagram hit.
- Unwind and enjoy dinner at our award-winning restaurant. The table is yours for the night to sip, savor, and unwind – and it’s always the perfect ending to any day spent in the White Mountains in the fall!
The Best Place to Stay in the White Mountains
There’s a lot to love about your time spent at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains, especially during the fall. What sets us apart from other lodgings in the White Mountains is our cozy yet sophisticated vibe you’ll find, coupled with a delicious Bed and Breakfast experience and unbeatable hospitality.
Whether you spend your days adventuring in the White Mountains or curled up in our cozy accommodations, you’ll find that the Sugar Hill Inn is the perfect country hideaway. Sit back and enjoy the good life with us this fall. Book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today.