Winter is here! If you’re ready to get outside and enjoy all of the wonderful things to do in the White Mountains this year, then it’s time to book your getaway and come explore with us! The White Mountains of New Hampshire are an extraordinary place to visit in the winter. There are more than enough things to do in the White Mountains to keep you busy, too, and when you’re ready for some downtime our cozy accommodations cap off the perfect day spent outside.
We love something about the White Mountains in every season, but particularly so in the winter. There’s something to be said for gazing out the window at the sparkling white winter wonderland that is these incredible mountains. The scenic beauty here is only made better by a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast. Talk about the perfect New Hampshire getaway!
Are you ready to experience the best things to do in the White Mountains this winter? Book your room at the Sugar Hill Inn today!
10 Things to do in the White Mountains This Winter
Most people consider the White Mountains of New Hampshire to be an essential place to visit during fall foliage season, but we think the same can be said about the winter. There are so many fun things to do in the White Mountains in winter! If you haven’t seen these majestic peaks covered with snow, you are missing out.
Snow lovers, this post is for you! Aside from enjoying some cozy downtime at our Inn, here are our favorite things to do in the White Mountains in winter:
- Of all the wonderful things to do in the White Mountains this winter, our favorite is strapping on a pair of snowshoes, and exploring the beautiful solitude of these stark winter landscapes. There’s nothing quite like it. The Inn has 2 pairs of snowshoes available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- There are miles upon miles of cross-country ski trails in the White Mountains, but one of our favorite places to send guests is Ski Hearth Farm. Cross Country skiing is also available at the Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center and Bretton Woods Nordic Center, and it is easily one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains in the winter.
- The White Mountains are home to some of the best New Hampshire ski resorts. Those we recommend to guests staying at the Sugar Hill Inn include Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, and Loon Mountain.
- There’s ice skating available nearby at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
- Take a romantic and old-fashioned sleigh ride through your very own winter wonderland! The Mount Washington Hotel offers sleigh rides, and we’re happy to help you make a reservation.
- Enjoy one of the most unique things to do in the White Mountains. Hitch a ride on a dog sled this winter, and experience the White Mountains like never before!
- Take a ride on the snowcoach up Mount Washington Auto Road, and enjoy majestic vistas of the White Mountains from the top. Afterward, enjoy cross country skiing, tubing, and more at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
- Take a break from the outdoors and enjoy some wine tasting in the White Mountains. We offer an extensive wine list at the Inn & restaurant and would love to talk about wine and offer recommendations.
- Take a tour with Alpine Adventures. They offer all sorts of fun in the winter, including snowshoeing, off-road adventures, tubing, and more.
- Pack in even more adventure, and go snowmobiling! It’s one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains, thanks to the high number of trails in the Twin Mountain/Bethlehem area.
Best Place to Stay in the White Mountains
Though there are plenty of great things to do in the White Mountains, there’s no pressure to leave the cozy confines of your guest room while you’re here. Even if you just want to soak up the incredible natural beauty of this area, you’ll need a place to stay. Stop in at the Sugar Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast. Our cozy guest rooms are the perfect place to spend a few days.
If you are planning to head outside, rest easy knowing that you’ll wake up to a fully prepared breakfast in the morning. Alternatively, after a long day enjoying all of the best things to do in the White Mountains, reward yourself with some of the best restaurants in the White Mountains. We make it easy to relax and enjoy all the good parts of a getaway without all the stress! Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains today!