It doesn’t matter in which you visit us, there are always so many wonderful things to do in the White Mountains. Fall has so far been pretty spectacular and we aren’t quite ready to say goodbye to this colorful season. Even so, we find ourselves eagerly looking forward to the winter season ahead, which brings with it a whole new range of fantastic things to do in the White Mountains!
Whether you’re looking to get outside for one adventure after another or you prefer to relax and unwind indoors safe from the harsh elements of winter, our Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains is the perfect place to be. We offer a wonderful range of cozy and romantic accommodations – and sometimes, there’s just nothing better than gazing out the window at the crisp winter wonderland we call home. The only thing better than the scenic beauty of the White Mountains in the winter is our romantic Bed and Breakfast. Book a room at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast today.
The Best Things to do in the White Mountains This Winter
If you haven’t yet experienced the magic of a winter getaway in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, this is definitely the year for it! It’s the perfect place to get away from everyday stress, not to mention the perfect place to spend some romantic one-on-one time with someone special. Visiting the White Mountains is even more important if you’re someone who likes to brave the elements and get outside for a bit of fun in the snow!
There are so many incredible things to do in the White Mountains in the winter – and skiing is just the beginning! Here are ten of our favorite things to do in the White Mountains during the winter.
- It wouldn’t be a trip to the White Mountains without finding some time for downhill skiing and snowboarding. When it comes to things to do in the White Mountains in winter, this is, without question, the best! We recommend hitting the slopes at Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, and Loon Mountain.
- Embrace the quiet solitude of winter getaways in the White Mountains. Strap on a pair of snowshoes and head outside to experience hiking in an entirely new way. There’s truly nothing quite like it, and we even have a couple of pairs of snowshoes to lend our guests on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Cross country is another one of the most popular things to do in the White Mountains in winter, and there are plenty of great places to choose from. One of our favorites is Ski Hearth Farm. Guests at Sugar Hill Inn enjoy tickets for $10 tickets. Rentals are not included. Cross Country skiing is also available at the Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center, Bretton Woods Nordic Center, and Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
- Take a ride on the snow coach up Mount Washington Auto Road, and enjoy majestic vistas of the White Mountains from the top.
- If you’re like to enjoy some old-fashioned winter fun, we recommend an afternoon of ice skating at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
- Take a romantic and old-fashioned sleigh ride through your very own winter wonderland at The Mount Washington Hotel.
- Why not use this winter as an opportunity to try something new? Come to the White Mountains this winter, and you can go dog sledding!
- Take a tour with Alpine Adventures. They offer all sorts of fun in the winter, including snowshoeing, off-road adventures, tubing, and more.
- Pack in even more adventure, and go snowmobiling! There are a number of trails in the Twin Mountain/Bethlehem area, among other places, and rentals are available.
- Take a break from the outdoors and enjoy some wine tasting in the White Mountains. If you’d rather not go out, we offer an extensive wine list at the Inn & restaurant for you to enjoy.
The Best White Mountains Bed and Breakfast
As you can see, there’s a lot to love about spending time at our Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains this winter. It probably goes without saying, but bearing witness to the dramatic mountain scenery outside is one of our favorite things to do in the White Mountains! It’s beautiful here, yes. But that’s not the only reason to spend some time with us this winter! There’s plenty to love about our romantic Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains – so much so, in fact, you may never want to leave the cozy confines of this country Inn!
Choosing to stay at our romantic New Hampshire getaway means you can expect to find all the comforts of home, but none of the stress that comes with it. As you feel your stress melt away, it will be replaced by a welcome sense of calm that can only come from being somewhere truly indulgent.
If you are planning to head outside, rest easy knowing that you’ll wake up to a fully prepared breakfast in the morning, the perfect way to start your day before venturing out to experience the many things to do in the White Mountains in winter. And when you’re done in the afternoon, come inside band enjoy dining in the evening at our award-winning restaurant. We make it easy to relax and enjoy all the good parts of a getaway without all the stress! Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains today!