Looking for fun things to do this winter in the White Mountains? Well, lucky for you, we have a few ideas to share! The White Mountains of New Hampshire are an extraordinary place to visit in the winter. There are more than enough things to do to keep you busy, and cozy accommodations like ours cap off the perfect day spend outside.
We love something about the White Mountains in every season, but particularly so in the winter. There’s something to be said for gazing out the window at the sparkling white winter wonderland that is these incredible mountains. The scenic beauty here is only made better by a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast. Talk about the perfect New Hampshire getaway! Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Things to do This Winter in the White Mountains
Most people consider the White Mountains of New Hampshire to be an essential place to visit during fall foliage season, but we think the same can be said about the winter. If you haven’t seen these majestic peaks during the winter, you are missing out, you’re missing out. If you like to get outside and play in the snow, you need to visit us and explore our winter wonderland this year!
If you need some ideas to get you started, here are 10 fun things to do in the Winter in the White Mountains:
- Of all the wonderful things to do in the White Mountains this winter, our favorite is strapping on a pair of snowshoes, and exploring the beautiful solitude of these stark winter landscapes. There’s nothing quite like it. The Inn has 2 pairs of snowshoes available on first-come-first-serve bases.
- There are miles upon miles of cross country ski trails in the White Mountains, but one of our favorite places to send guests is Ski Hearth Farm. Guests at Sugar Hill Inn enjoy tickets for $10 tickets. Rentals not included. Cross Country skiing is also available at the Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center and Bretton Woods Nordic Center.
- The White Mountains are home to some of the best downhill skiing and snowboarding resorts in the Northeast. Those we recommend to guests staying at the Sugar Hill Inn include Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, and Loon Mountain.
- There’s ice skating available nearby at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
- Take a romantic and old-fashioned sleigh ride through your very own winter wonderland! The Mount Washington Hotel offers sleigh rides, and we’re happy to help you make a reservation.
- For something truly unique to mountainous areas like the White Mountains, try a new adventure altogether. Hitch a ride on a dog sled this winter, and experience the White Mountains like never before!
- Take a ride on the snowcoach up Mount Washington Auto Road, and enjoy majestic vistas of the White Mountains from the top. Afterward, enjoy cross country skiing, tubing, and more at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
- Take a break from the outdoors and enjoy some wine tasting in the White Mountains. We offer an extensive wine list at the Inn & restaurant and would love to talk about wine and offer recommendations.
- Take a tour with Alpine Adventures. They offer all sorts of fun in the winter, including snowshoeing, off-road adventures, tubing, and more.
- Pack in even more adventure, and go snowmobiling! There are a number of trails in the Twin Mountain/Bethlehem area, among other places, and rentals are available.
The Best Lodging in the White Mountains
Even if you just want to soak up the incredible natural beauty of this area, you’ll need a place to stay. Stop in at the Sugar Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast. Our cozy guest rooms are the perfect place to spend a few days.
If you are planning to head outside, rest easy knowing that you’ll wake up to a fully prepared breakfast in the morning. Alternatively, after a long day in the snow come inside and enjoy dining in the evening at our award-winning restaurant. We make it easy to relax and enjoy all the good parts of a getaway without all the stress! Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains today!