If you’re looking for some fun things to do this winter, you’re in luck. The White Mountains of New Hampshire are the perfect wintry destination, complete with a variety of fun things to do. There are miles of cross country ski trails, and plenty of gorgeous, wooded hikes that are best explored on snowshoes, among other things.
The White Mountains are an exceptional destination no matter the season. Add to your winter adventures a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, and you have the perfect New Hampshire getaway. When it’s time to come inside after a day of playing in the snow, our cozy and romantic accommodations await. Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our White Mountains Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Things to do This Winter in the White Mountains
If you’ve only ever visited the White Mountains during the peak travel seasons of summer and fall, you’re missing out on an exceptionally special season this winter. The White Mountains are actually an extraordinary 4-season destination, and perfect for anyone who loves to play in the snow.
Get in on the fun this year, and enjoy 1 or more of these 10 fun things to do in the winter here at the Sugar Hill Inn, located in the heart of the White Mountains:
- Of all the wonderful things to do in the White Mountains this winter, our favorite is strapping on a pair of snowshoes, and exploring the beautiful solitude of these stark winter landscapes. There’s nothing quite like it. The Inn has 2 pairs of snowshoes available on first-come-first-serve bases.
- There are miles upon miles of cross country ski trails in the White Mountains, but one of our favorite places to send guests is Ski Hearth Farm. Guests at Sugar Hill Inn enjoy tickets for $10 tickets. Rentals not included. Cross Country skiing is also available at the Franconia Village X-C Ski & Outdoor Recreation Center and Bretton Woods Nordic Center.
- The White Mountains are home to some of the best downhill skiing and snowboarding resorts in the Northeast. Those we recommend to guests staying at the Sugar Hill Inn include Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, and Loon Mountain.
- There’s ice skating available nearby at the Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
- Take a romantic and old-fashioned sleigh ride through your very own winter wonderland! The Mount Washington Hotel offers sleigh rides, and we’re happy to help you make a reservation.
- For something truly unique to mountainous areas like the White Mountains, try a new adventure altogether. Hitch a ride on a dog sled this winter, and experience the White Mountains like never before!
- Take a ride on the snowcoach up Mount Washington Auto Road, and enjoy majestic vistas of the White Mountains from the top. Afterward, enjoy cross country skiing, tubing, and more at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
- Take a break from the outdoors and enjoy some wine tasting in the White Mountains. We offer an extensive wine list at the Inn & restaurant and would love to talk about wine and offer recommendations.
- Take a tour with Alpine Adventures. They offer all sorts of fun in the winter, including snowshoeing, off-road adventures, tubing, and more.
- Pack in even more adventure, and go snowmobiling! There are a number of trails in the Twin Mountain/Bethlehem area, among other places, and rentals are available.
The Best Lodging in the White Mountains
Whether you’ve come for cross country skiing or any of the other great things to do this winter in the White Mountains, you’ll see in an instant why the cozy guest rooms at our Bed and Breakfast make for the perfect weekend getaway. If spending time in our wintry wonderland this season isn’t enough to feed your soul, waking up to a fully prepared breakfast or dining in the evening at our award-winning restaurant will surely take all the stress out of your day. Come experience this magical winter wonderland with this fun list of things to do this winter. Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in the White Mountains today!