1. Stay at the Sugar Hill Inn. The Sugar Hill Inn is a romantic getaway known for culinary adventure and warm, inviting guest rooms and cottages. Selected “Best of New Hampshire 2011” by the editors of New Hampshire Magazine. The dining room is open to both inn guests and the public by reservation.
2. Take a Zip Line Tour. Fly thru the tree tops at speeds of up to 30
3. Experience The Flume Gorge. The Flume is a natural gorge with spectacular waterfalls, vistas and covered bridges.
4. Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway. An 80-passenger cable car brings visitors to the 4,080-foot summit of Cannon Mountain in under ten minutes. On a clear day, you can see the mountains of four states and Canada! At the summit, you’ll find spectacular scenic walking paths.
5. The White Mountain Trail. The 100 mile drive offers New England’s most rugged mountain scenery as it travels easily through three historic “notches” or mountain passes. Views abound of villages and unspoiled National Forest. Stops include views of Mount Washington, mountain cascades, wildlife, and the Appalachian Trail.
6. Visit the Mount Washington Hotel. Enjoy a cocktail or lunch on the back deck of the Mount Washington Hotel. The views are amazing and so is the architecture of this grand old hotel.
7. Climb Mount Washington. Mount Washington is the highest peak in the Northeastern United States at 6,288 ft (1,917 m), famous for dangerously erratic weather. It’s your choice; hike it, drive the Auto Road or take the Cog Railway. Hiking is recommended only for very experience and well equipped hikers.
8. Go for a bike ride. With no cars to watch out for the 9 mile recreation trail thru Franconia Notch is the perfect choice. Rent bikes at the Cannon Mountain Tram and return them at the Flume with a free shuttle to take you back to your car.
9. Hike to a Waterfalls. With over 100 waterfalls in the White Mountain one is never far away. The Falling Waters Trail, a popular 1.4 mile hike will bring you to Walker Cascade, 20’ Stairs Falls, 60’ Swiftwater Falls and 80’ Cloudland Falls. For an easy walk consider Sabbaday Falls.
10. Shop for Antiques. The country towns of Sugar Hill, Bethlehem and Littleton are known for their numerous antique shops.